What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Kendrick's DAMN certified Double Platinum

sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #SawseSan DiegoPosts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in The Reason
lb6p98lad8zr.png

Kendrick Lamar's latest album "DAMN." which was released on April has been certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. K Dot took to Instagram to make the announcement.
The sales milestone marks the first time the TDE rapper has achieved the feat in his career; he's the first and only artist to be certified double platinum in 2017.
These murals forever belong to my fans. You've always taken my words above and beyond. Around the world and back again. With trust. I am forever grateful. 2x" the Compton rapper wrote to his supporters.
DAMN. was released on April 14 and sold 603,000 units in its first week, marking the highest first-week sales of 2017. It sold another 239,000 units in its second week, and sold 170,000 in its third week.
AZTGnex ginCoolJoeStoneColdMikeyCJgoldenja  Colin$mackabi$hTrillfateMatike85JJ_EvansMeekMonizzLLLLLLe14gman82twentyfivelightersilledoutGetoBoyeternal soldierjee504MrCrookedLetterBrideofKillarip.dillaSionJoshuaMoshua  MD_PROPER Rue_Flexingtongenocidecutter5th Letterbigev240tharealest561Mr.LVPanchoYoSanchoillestni99ainneRevolver OcelotblacktuxTHE_R_dwade206beatboy1Already Home_17silverfoxxBender RodriguezThe RecipeMister B.victory_kidgh0stHustleThaDonAlpha_Ambition joeyfkncrakkInglewood_Fattysouthernmadekingofbama205wAXed_poeticnickel-us Pblack caesarjazzybella

Replies

• sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    tumblr_otlpu2PLzS1u30yk9o1_1280.png

He trynna steal your GOATs @infamous114

My bad i didnt kno
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Parts Unknown via BrooklynPosts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This nigga over here in a prison pose for a certification picture. Black people, I swear.

Man, if y'all would've told me 7 years ago K Dot would be the highest selling artist of the year, I would've dropped you where you stand. Congrats to the Duck.

Sidebar: I just learned that battle rapper B Dot was on them songs with him back in the day. Now he's coming up. Gotta love it.
    *~queenbee~*
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont listen to Kendrick cause I just cant get into his style but I do know dude got bars and makes deep records with depth and substance and I cant help but be happy about someone with real bars going double platinum so props to Kendrick for real.
    eternal soldier*~queenbee~*Inglewood_Fatty
  •   Colin$mackabi$h Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He deserves it
    Powered by 9(0)'s sun.
    MD_PROPER black caesarjazzybella
  • TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Matike85Matike85 Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leader of the New School...Sorry Drake
    sapp08_2001numbaz...80's babyillestni99ainne*~queenbee~*
  • a_lista_list Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats....
    I can recall the days, juvenile crime pays
    14 years old, shorty from round way
    brick ass cold, still pump from night to day
    but why did my life have to be this way
    I rock Velour suits, flavors like mixed fruits
    my loot get recouped razors in my suit
    incase they try to troop me to the island
    I known to start whylin back in New York, my soldiers got the cash pilin
    peep this on some nose and teef shit
    so much drama, who the fuck knows who we got beef wit
  • walwynwalwyn Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭
    Props, Cole next
    "Actions Speak Louder Than Words, I've Never Been The Talkative Type" Paul Cain

"Being Enlightened Is No Longer Enough, You Must Apply. Being Willing Is No Longer Acceptable, You Must Do. Make It Count" Royce Da 5'9"

illedout
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can niggas stop crying about the state of hip hop. This nigga Kendrick was literally outselling every mumble rapper on that mumble rappers debut week and Damn had been out for weeks or month. Jay just went plat. Cole put an average album out and went plat. Big Sean stepped his game up and sold fairly well

Same thing with venues. These mumble rappers are opening up shows or performing in clubs. Meanwhile Cole, Kendrick, and Jay all have arena tours doing well selling out most major cities. Sure the golden era is over but the best music typically is selling the most and bringing the largest crowds.
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
    beatboy1Kid Dynasty
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 13,124 Regulator
    Can niggas stop crying about the state of hip hop. This nigga Kendrick was literally outselling every mumble rapper on that mumble rappers debut week and Damn had been out for weeks or month. Jay just went plat. Cole put an average album out and went plat. Big Sean stepped his game up and sold fairly well

Same thing with venues. These mumble rappers are opening up shows or performing in clubs. Meanwhile Cole, Kendrick, and Jay all have arena tours doing well selling out most major cities. Sure the golden era is over but the best music typically is selling the most and bringing the largest crowds.

These dudes will go platinum no matter what because they have a large white hipster fanbase that will buy it. Same with Eminem.

This isn't 15 years ago where new artists could go plat of a hit single. You have to actually have a large fan base and be established.

Eminem, jay, Kendrick and Cole will go plat even if the album is trash.
    *~queenbee~*
  • AggieLean.AggieLean. Sion Country ass nigga.Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't like this album, but this is dope!
    bge680.jpg
    znat04.jpg
  • WeazelWeazel Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props to his new accomplishment
    ..AND to him posing in front of the Dutch flag ;)
    *~queenbee~*
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weazel wrote: »

Colors
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

Westie wrote: »
    Lol what is cunting?

Lol i like it. I am cunting.

*~queenbee~*
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,620 Regulator
    I can't see Marshall having a bad album especially after MMLP2 (which I thought was dope definitely his best since TES) and people being more accepting of older MCs rapping about more mature topics.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    dwade206*~queenbee~*Kid Dynasty
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,620 Regulator
    I remember when Big Sean, Wale, Cole and Kendrick were coming up and trying to hone a fan base and niggas were dissing them for not selling big. I ain't gon lie if you pull up the threads I might have been one of them dudes dissing on them. It really worked out for Big Sean, Cole, Kendrick and even Drake. KRIT could be there too but he has to stop giving his music away for free.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    KnowReasonForPeace  Colin$mackabi$hKid Dynasty
  • WeazelWeazel Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Weazel wrote: »

Colors

I knew it had nothing to do with the Netherlands man, lol
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,911 Regulator
    Not a fan but I give props when deserved
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yeah!
    Gives us back images in sigs
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Posts: 10,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the kids love em
    Street Military members:

K.B. DA KIDNAPPA , LIL FLEA , ICEY HOTT , PHAROAH , KLONDIKE KAT , R.I.P. NUTT

Killa Klan members: BAM , SKI-BO , TOO , STACK PACK , 2-REAL , FAKKULTY
    *~queenbee~*
  • KairoKairo Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Double plat?? Props but it seems a little inflated. I want him to be great tho so no shade.
  • anduinanduin Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Album is dope, he deserves it.
    illedout